Re: more than 1000 connections

From: "Richard Broersma" <richard(dot)broersma(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Jorge Medina" <jorge(at)bsdchile(dot)cl>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: more than 1000 connections
Date: 2008-08-05 15:33:13
Lists: pgsql-sql
On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 8:14 AM, Jorge Medina <jorge(at)bsdchile(dot)cl> wrote:

> I know this list it's about SQL, but if somebody have a pgsql engine
> with 1000 or more concurrent connections please show me the
> postgresql.conf or if the pgpool work as a solution to this problem.

The PG performance list would probably be the best mailing list for
this question.  But from previous discussions there is a test
conducted by Sun using postgresql.  They were able to produce 843 JOPS
(which I think means 843 concurrent java operations per seconds) using
a mid-grade server hardware.  All of the postgresql.conf options are
shown as well as the compiler options used to build postgresql.

http://www.spec.org/jAppServer2004/results/res2007q3/jAppServer2004-20070703-00073.html

I hope this helps.

--
Regards,