Re: Rollback in Postgres

From: "Richard Broersma" <richard(dot)broersma(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Kaare Rasmussen" <kaare(at)jasonic(dot)dk>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org, "Scott Marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>, "samantha mahindrakar" <sam(dot)mahindrakar(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Lewis Cunningham" <lewisc(at)rocketmail(dot)com>, "Simon Riggs" <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Rollback in Postgres
Date: 2008-07-14 20:47:21
Lists: pgsql-sql

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 1:38 PM, Kaare Rasmussen <kaare(at)jasonic(dot)dk> wrote:
> Isn't this exactly what Alvaro describes? The time travel feature that was
> removed because it made Postgres too slow to use in production?

No, I imagine that time travel was built into the Postgresql
architecture and would work automatically with transaction ids and
tuple ids.

On the other hand, temporal tables/schemes are implemented by the data
modeller. Also the associated temporal operations on the data would be
handled by client DML designed to simulate temporal data operations.

--
Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.

Visit the Los Angles PostgreSQL Users Group (LAPUG)
http://pugs.postgresql.org/lapug