Re: IF ROW( NEW ) <> ROW( OLD )

From: "Richard Broersma" <richard(dot)broersma(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: "PostgreSQL - General ML" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: IF ROW( NEW ) <> ROW( OLD )
Date: 2008-06-26 02:47:43
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 4:40 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com> wrote:
> I have never tried it but you may be able to do it with a composite
> type.

True. However, I was under the impression that table types were
essentially composite types. So I thought that composite types would
behave the same.

I could manually expand the composite type OLD and NEW to enumerate
each field and make a row wise comparison. However, I was hoping to
avoid that.
--
Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.

Visit the Los Angles PostgreSQL Users Group (LAPUG)
http://pugs.postgresql.org/lapug