Re: Draft bylaws are now available

From: "Richard Broersma" <richard(dot)broersma(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgus-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, "Selena Deckelmann" <selenamarie(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Draft bylaws are now available
Date: 2008-06-10 20:30:56
Lists: pgus-general
On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 11:08 AM, Joshua D. Drake <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com> wrote:

> Well there is no resolution that states that you have to be a US Citizen
> or anything like that. I don't know that I would want one either. For
> example, I plan on joining PG.IT and PG.FR.
> It is the bylaws, resolutions and agreed upon mission that make up what
> the corporation is doing, so if we get 50 Europeans that want to help us
> work on PostgreSQL in the US , I think that is great.

That's fine.  The initent of the by-laws are effective in pointing out
that no person can be excluded based upon *any* kind of profiling.
However, to me it wasn't clear that residence (which is not
necessarily the same as citizenship) wasn't one of the profiling
classifications mentioned in the list.

Richard Broersma Jr.

Visit the Los Angles PostgreSQL Users Group (LAPUG)