Re: Draft bylaws are now available

From: "Richard Broersma" <richard(dot)broersma(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgus-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, "Selena Deckelmann" <selenamarie(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Draft bylaws are now available
Date: 2008-06-10 20:30:56
Lists: pgus-general
On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 11:08 AM, Joshua D. Drake <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com> wrote:

> Well there is no resolution that states that you have to be a US Citizen
> or anything like that. I don't know that I would want one either. For
> example, I plan on joining PG.IT and PG.FR.
>
> It is the bylaws, resolutions and agreed upon mission that make up what
> the corporation is doing, so if we get 50 Europeans that want to help us
> work on PostgreSQL in the US , I think that is great.

That's fine.  The initent of the by-laws are effective in pointing out
that no person can be excluded based upon *any* kind of profiling.
However, to me it wasn't clear that residence (which is not
necessarily the same as citizenship) wasn't one of the profiling
classifications mentioned in the list.

--
Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.

Visit the Los Angles PostgreSQL Users Group (LAPUG)
http://pugs.postgresql.org/lapug