Re: Community policy regarding head hunters?

From: "Richard Broersma" <richard(dot)broersma(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
Cc: pgus-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Community policy regarding head hunters?
Date: 2008-04-12 01:37:53
Lists: pgus-general
On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 4:38 PM, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:

>  I would suggest, though, having the headhunter send *you* a copy of the job
>  text and you passing it on, rather than letting her have post ability on
>  the list.  Headhunters will forward terribly inappropriate jobs if allowed
>  to.

I don't have strong opinions one way or the other regarding posting
jobs on the LAPUG site.   I also understand the reasoning for wanting
to advertise local jobs to the local talent.  However, I thought I
should check first before I considered posting anything.

>  Speaking of headhunters, you don't know any freelance PostgreSQL geeks in
>  LA, do you?

Not for a certainty.  I could check with the others on the mailing
list to see if any are interested in additional work if you like.  Is
there something that you had in mind?

Richard Broersma Jr.