Re: Community policy regarding head hunters?

From: "Richard Broersma" <richard(dot)broersma(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
Cc: pgus-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Community policy regarding head hunters?
Date: 2008-04-12 01:37:53
Lists: pgus-general

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 4:38 PM, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:

> I would suggest, though, having the headhunter send *you* a copy of the job
> text and you passing it on, rather than letting her have post ability on
> the list. Headhunters will forward terribly inappropriate jobs if allowed
> to.

I don't have strong opinions one way or the other regarding posting
jobs on the LAPUG site. I also understand the reasoning for wanting
to advertise local jobs to the local talent. However, I thought I
should check first before I considered posting anything.

> Speaking of headhunters, you don't know any freelance PostgreSQL geeks in
> LA, do you?

Not for a certainty. I could check with the others on the mailing
list to see if any are interested in additional work if you like. Is
there something that you had in mind?

--
Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.