Re: LAPUG_poll what do you use?

From: "Richard Broersma" <richard(dot)broersma(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: testroom(at)secomintl(dot)com
Cc: "Los Angles PostgreSQL Users Group" <lapug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: LAPUG_poll what do you use?
Date: 2008-03-31 19:18:39
Lists: lapug

On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 4:05 PM, Matthew Wetmore
<m(dot)wetmore(at)secomintl(dot)com> wrote:

> I feel most people still use 90% default settings.
> the other item I work with is encryption.
> Encryption of columns/tables beside the usual SSL conn.
> Both in conjunction with an encrypted file system and iptables, etc.
> if these sound like decent topics, great, if not, let me know and I can
> come up with something else.

I think that tinkering around with PostgreSQL's configuration sounds
very interesting. This is a subject that I would really appreciate
learning about as well as I am sure other users. I am especially fond
of the topic on encryption.

Let me know which topic that you've decided upon and I will add it to
the LAPUG blog.

> I didn't have an exact plan thought out yet, so if you have a
> suggestion, I'm all ears.

The only goal that I think that we could focus on, is designing an
exercise that require around 30 minutes of time to complete. This
would leave time for everyone to get to know each other, and time for
some to toy around with PostgreSQL on there own.

I would expect that it would be hard to cover a lot of material in 30
minutes. But if you are open to hosting another "hands-on" PostgreSQL
session in the future, we could use any of the other topics as the
focus for demonstration.

Having a place to get hands-on PostgreSQL trains will really add a lot
to the value of being a member of LAPUG!

--
Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.