Second LAPUG Meeting

From: "Richard Broersma" <richard(dot)broersma(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Los Angles PostgreSQL Users Group" <lapug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Second LAPUG Meeting
Date: 2008-03-02 17:19:02
Lists: lapug

Topics for discussion:
An official topic for discussion is still up open to anyone that would like
offer a presentation on some aspect of PostgreSQL. However, in the time
being, let's plan on meeting together for a group discussion on "How we are
using PostgreSQL." As an alternative to this topic, feel free to discuss
how you have made use of any other flavor of RDMS or even why you are
interested in RDMS.

Regarding meeting times, we should choice a convenient time that everyone
would be able to attend especially if the last Friday of every month is
inconvenient for most.

As a side note, Selena Deckelmann mentioned that an individual was
interested in developing a presentation on the implementation of PostGIS
(Geographic data modeling). However, I haven't be able to contact this
person. If anyone knows who this is please contact me so the we can
schedule a future presentation.

Time:
March 28, 7:00 pm

Location:
The City of Garden Grove Training Room

Map:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=garden+grove+city+hall&ie=UTF8&ll=33.776864,-117.937202&spn=0.186634,0.32135&z=12&iwloc=D
(note to Noel: If more specific directions are needed, would you be able to
provide them? Also, if food allowed in the training room I will bring the
Pizzas. Otherwise, are there any Restaurants with in a 5 to 10 minute
drive?)

Taking a head count:
Feel free to invite anyone that may be interested in coming to a PUG
meeting. For those that are planning to attend please send an email. (If
food can be provided, it will help me to know how much to bring.)

Next Meeting Location:
If anyone else has a facility that can be used for the LAPUG meeting please
contact me so the we can make future arrangements!

Joining the LAPUG mailing list:
For those that haven't joined the mailing list and would like to, please
follow the directions in the following link:
http://mail.postgresql.org/mj/mj_wwwusr?domain=postgresql.org&func=lists-long-full&extra=lapug

Proposals for future meetings:
If anyone has ideas for a presentation, please email me for discussion.

Interest was also expressed to use LAPUG meetings for events other than
PostgreSQL presentations. One thought was to offer simple training sessions
on how to manage certain PostgreSQL related tasks that have challenged newer
users of Postgres. I expect that there will be greater effort required for
this kind of preparation, but if sufficient interested is expressed and if
facilities are made available we can certainly entertain ideas for these
kinds of meetings.

--
Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.