Re: heap_create with OID?

From: Chris Bitmead <chrisb(at)nimrod(dot)itg(dot)telstra(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Philip Warner <pjw(at)rhyme(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: heap_create with OID?
Date: 2000-07-04 06:44:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Would this allow you to create a tuble with a user-specified oid?

We definitely need this functionality for all tables, not just large
objects.

However you won't be able to discover if the oid is free or not. You
could end up with duplicate oids. Thus anybody who uses the feature
should know what they're doing.