CURSOR problem

From: Gilles DAROLD <gilles(at)darold(dot)net>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: CURSOR problem
Date: 2000-06-30 19:17:10
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I'm happy to be back to this channel and I want to thanks all of you who
are making
PostgreSQL a so 'beautifull' database. Time's going and I just have
rigth now a silly
question :

I have a cursor in a transaction and it works very well. In my perl
program I need
to do pagination. I can travel from page to page with MOVE and FETCH but
that
what I need is to report the number of page so I need to get the number
of row.

I have tried the method rows() with DBI and it just return the count of
the current
fetch of course. Should I have to do a count() before or is there's an
other way to
do that ?

Thanks for help

Regards,

There is a big problem with searching into the mailing list :

I've just tape some words and it give me this error message :

ERROR: Attribute 'last_mod_time' not found