JDBC: Class.forName() Fails

From: Guoben Li <guoben(at)netscape(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: guoben(at)netscape(dot)com
Subject: JDBC: Class.forName() Fails
Date: 2000-06-30 16:43:31
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi,

I am new to PostgreSQL. I have compiled PostgreSQL7.0
and its JDBC Driver, put postgresql.jar in CLASSPATH and
checked pg_hba.conf file then created a testdb with a couple
of tables.

When I tried to run Class.forName("postgresql.Driver");
It threw a ClassNotFoundException. There was not much
information in e.getMessage(), just "postgresql.Driver".

Has anyone encountered this problem or does someone
know possible cause? Please help. I appreciate it.

My platform is Solaris 2.6 with Java 1.1.8. I complied
JDBC driver using `make jdbc1 jar`.

Thanks,

Guoben Li
Netscape Communications