Re: Limit for an transaction

From: Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)cupid(dot)suninternet(dot)com>
To: Matthias Teege <matthias(at)mteege(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Limit for an transaction
Date: 2000-06-27 14:17:14
Lists: pgsql-general

Matthias Teege wrote:

> Moin,
>
> ist there any limit for the length of an transaction? I'am
> using postgreSQL 6.5.1 with PHP and the apache log says:
>
> NOTICE: (transaction aborted): queries ignored until END

Usually that appears right after one of the queries you
did failed for some reason (usually a typo in the query).
Since the query didn't complete sucessfully it must be aborted,
and this it ignores all queries until END.
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)cupid(dot)suninternet(dot)com>
http://cupid.suninternet.com/~kleptog/