Re: C exception code

From: Chris Bitmead <chrisb(at)nimrod(dot)itg(dot)telstra(dot)com(dot)au>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: C exception code
Date: 2000-06-27 06:45:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Are we interested in adding Try/Catch exception code to PostgreSQL.
> This looks interesting:
>
> http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~amc/cexcept/

How tricky is the error handling in Postgres?

As an aside, I have just started working on a Java project, nearly done
for a company where they have not used the Java exception model. I.e.
there are error codes, setErrorCode, and ifError everywhere. A bigger
mess you will not see. So I'm partial to a decent exception model, and
might even use the above in a project of my own.