SQL99 functions

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Hackers List <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: SQL99 functions
Date: 2000-06-27 02:41:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers
I see mention in SQL99 of function definitions which can have IN, OUT,
and INOUT arguments. Any thoughts on how this could be supported in
Postgres? I assume that we would need to figure out how to generate
multi-element tuples from the usual function calls, but wouldn't this
dovetail with getting better SET return capabilities too?

                   - Thomas