Re: Merging two columns into one

From: Jeff Hoffmann <jeff(at)propertykey(dot)com>
To: "D'Arcy J(dot)M(dot) Cain" <darcy(at)druid(dot)net>
Cc: Gary MacMinn <G(dot)MacMinn(at)nca(dot)gov(dot)au>, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Merging two columns into one
Date: 2000-06-23 15:42:26
Lists: pgsql-sql

"D'Arcy J.M. Cain" wrote:

> PostgreSQL could use a
> phone number type. I have been meaning to write a user defined type
> for some time but never seem to get around to it. Maybe you could
> give this a shot. The examples in contrib should get you started.
> Once finished you can make the phone # one column and split out parts
> with various functions. Don't forget to have a place for country code
> and extension.

i messed around with one a while back, but i dropped it before i
finished it.
if i recall correctly, it was mostly working, but i don't know if i
broke it again after that or not. i'll put a copy of it on my web site
-- you can download it, clean it up and put it in contrib if you want.
i just tarred up the files, there's no documentation for it & barely any
copyright info in it. put whatever license you want on it if you want
to reuse it.

the files located at:
http://www.potlatch.org/source/phone.tar.gz

--