DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR, GDI Research and Development Group
Immediate opportunity for a Project Database Administrator focusing on a
corporate enterprise solution for Utilities across North America. Based out
of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, you will leverage your knowledge and experience
in leading GDI’s Enterprise IT solutions.
The successful candidate will be responsible to provide senior-level
technical expertise in IT and database analysis, design, development and
implementation for our commercial delivery.
- Assist in the implementation of a corporate database that contains data
on GDI data acquisition systems, aerial and terrestrial surveying projects,
and customer infrastructure. This includes a mirror of the database at each
GDI’s location as required by data processing activities.
- Assist in the implementation of a system for the storage of non-lexical
digital data items such as aerial images, point clouds, and documents that
are related to objects in the database but may not be stored in the
database. This includes a full or partial mirror of these data items at each
GDI location as required by data processing activities,* *and tracking of
physical media that are shipped between locations for the communication of
large volumes of high density data.
- Maintain the corporate production database.
- Maintain the storage of non-lexical digital data items such as aerial
images, point clouds, and documents.
- Install, configure, and maintain web services software that will serve
requests involving data in the corporate database and the non-lexical data
store both from inside and outside GDI.
- Run, maintain, and refine the data security and disaster recovery
systems for the corporate database and non-lexical data store.
- Make recommendations for hardware and communications connections
- Support GDI software developers in the development of database, web
services, and web client software.
*General work experience and Education:*
- Minimum of 5 years experience with an increasing level of
responsibility in administering a enterprise-level database system managed
by a relational database management system and / or GIS enterprise projects;
- Minimum of 3 years experience in researching, selecting, installing,
configuring, integrating and maintaining web services software.
- Knowledge of development methodologies over the above period of
- University bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems
*Special knowledge, skills, and experience:*
- Database design and configuration competency that involves geographic
data and enterprise database management systems with spatial extensions
(e.g., Oracle with the Spatial option, PostgreSQLwith the PostGIS extension
and ESRI ArcSDE).
- Knowledge of ESRI software, and experience in installing, configuring,
and maintaining ArcGIS Server software.
- Familiarity with OGC Web Services standards and experience in
selecting, installing, configuring, and maintaining one or more
implementations of one or more of these services.
- Managing security levels, permissions and privileges at both database
and web services level and monitoring any breaches.
- Have specific familiarity with Project and Programme Management
Methodologies to manage third party development and integration projects.
Please send your detailed resume to gdiottawajobs(at)gmail(dot)com
pgsql-jobs by date
|Next:||From: Kenny Gorman||Date: 2009-10-20 22:31:04|
|Subject: Hi5.com needs PostgreSQL DBA in San Francisco|
|Previous:||From: Janmeja Nayak||Date: 2009-10-14 18:41:45|
|Subject: Immediate need for Postgress DBA|