Date or Documentation bug?

From: "Mitterwald, Holger" <mittehlg(at)coi(dot)de>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Date or Documentation bug?
Date: 2000-06-16 13:19:44
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Good evening,
I am not shure if I discovered a Date or a Documentation bug....
The Manpage says if postgres is started with the option "-e" it
uses european date-style in the format "dd-mm-yyyy". But this only takes
effekt if I select datestyle=Postgres instead of the default "ISO".
With Datestyle=ISO it is always "yyyy-mm-dd", no matter if I choose US
or
European style.
With this behavior the postgres option "-e" does rather make any sense
to me.

Greetings,
Holger
P.S.: Is there a way to change the Datestyle to Postgres without a
SQL-Statement,
e.g. ENV-Variable or config-file?