BUG?! primary key in inherited table

From: Bernie Huang <bernie(dot)huang(at)ec(dot)gc(dot)ca>
To: PGSQL-BUGS <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: BUG?! primary key in inherited table
Date: 2000-06-15 17:14:24
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi,

Is primary key similar to 'not null columns with indices'? The reason I

am asking because I found that when you inherit table B from table A,
the primary key in A won't be inherited to B, but only the columns.

I was wondering how do you inherit a primary key or, even, a foreign
key? If it's not possible, what are the ways going around it? (not
null index or...???)

Thanks for your help!

- Bernie

Attachment Content-Type Size