Re: Mandrake RPMS, was "Building PostgreSQL 7.0.1 documentation"

From: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
To: Jan Dittberner <jan(at)jan-dittberner(dot)de>
Cc: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>, Hackers List <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Mandrake RPMS, was "Building PostgreSQL 7.0.1 documentation"
Date: 2000-06-15 16:10:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Jan Dittberner wrote:
> Lamar Owen wrote:
> > Can you send me the result of 'rpm --showrc'? I'm curious if Mandrake
> > is using the macro package to determine the use of gzip versus bzip2....
> > Otherwise, if the _vendor macro is set to 'mandrake', I can use that in
> > a conditional.
> >

> Here it is:
> -14: __bzip2 %{_bzip2bin}
> -14: __gzip %{_gzipbin}
> -14: _bzip2bin /usr/bin/bzip2
> -14: _gzipbin /bin/gzip

Can't use them... :-(

> -14: _vendor mandrake

But I _can_ use this. RedHat sets this, predictably, to redhat. Most
other things are easy -- there are macros for nearly everything you need
that hide all details (such as the /usr/src/redhat versus /usr/src/RPM
and others deal).

Thus, Thomas, to answer your question -- YES, we can have a single spec
file do both systems. Just some conditionals, and judicious use of the
defined macros and envvars.

And this is why I need the rpm --showrc results with spec file diffs (or
examples)... :-).

--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio