inheritance and primary key

From: Bernie Huang <bernie(dot)huang(at)ec(dot)gc(dot)ca>
To: PGSQL-SQL <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: inheritance and primary key
Date: 2000-06-14 21:05:45
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi,

Is primary key similar to 'not null columns with indices'? The reason I
am asking because I found that when you inherit table B from table A,
the primary key in A won't be inherited to B, but only the columns.

I was wondering how do you inherit a primary key or, even, a foreign
key? If it's not possible, what are the ways going around it? (not
null index or...???)

Thanks for your help!

- Bernie

Attachment Content-Type Size