7.0 on win32

From: Laurentiu SOLOMON <s0lao(at)netscape(dot)net>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: 7.0 on win32
Date: 2000-06-07 07:58:38
Lists: pgsql-ports
[I try here to repost a message sent on Fri, 12 May 2000, which didn't
reached the maillist - I'm not registered]

Compiled postgresql-7.0 on a win32 (w98) system w/ cygwin 1.1.0.
Following Joost K. instructions in a msg on cygwin mailing-list,
replaced

  extern int sys_nerr;

with

  #define sys_nerr _sys_nerr

for cygwin. Also, in src, "mv utils/dllinit.c utils/dllinit.c.old; touch
utils/dllinit.c". I used ipc-cygwin 1.05 from Charles Wilson's page. No
regression tests yet, but backend seems to work.
A single observation: psql doesn't work, stops with a dialog, about
"PQ.DLL linked to external missing POSTGRES.EXE:vsnprintf". Older psql
versions are ok.

Best regards,

                                                SLao

[I can mention now that I didn't run the regression tests yet and
psql.exe doesn't run after compiled with cygwin1.dll from 1.1.1. Placing
pq.dll in the same place with postgres.exe, solves the previous
mentioned vsnprintf problem. I insist sending this message, because I
think it's a good advertising info to be placed into the main
release-notes, features pages.]

pgsql-ports by date

Next:From: Alastair G. BrowneDate: 2000-06-07 11:31:38