large objects and printable docs

From: Steve Waldman <swaldman(at)mchange(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: large objects and printable docs
Date: 2000-06-05 06:35:13
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi,

I've got a few rather illiterate questions; I'd be grateful if anyone
would take the time to answer them.

1) Is there anywhere where postscript or pdf renderings of the docs can
be downloaded on-line? I'd prefer to just download and print these
rather than having to set up a whole bunch of sgml tools.

2) From what I can tell, all of the standard types in Postgres max out
at than 8k, but there is some sort of large object support. Large object
support seems to be documented only in the programmer's guide; there is
no mention of these in the data types section of the users' guide.
Looking at examples from the programmers guide, it looks as though there
is a non-standard SQL data type called oid, some support for working
with these in SQL directly, but much more support for working with them
through interface APIs. Does postgres 7 have any support for SQL3
blob/clob datatypes (stored in SQL as such)?

Many thanks for any help.

    Steve

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: ghaverlaDate: 2000-06-05 11:54:26