Re: Drop set problem - pgAdmin / Slony I

From: Glyn Astill <glynastill(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org, cbbrowne(at)ca(dot)afilias(dot)info
Subject: Re: Drop set problem - pgAdmin / Slony I
Date: 2008-01-16 12:55:12
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi Magnus,

> > How do I remove this set from the subscriber?
>
> I think it's somehow scheduled up behind whatever that thing going
> for
> node -1 is looking. If you can get rid of that one from sl_listen,
> I bet
> the set dropping will go through.

There doesn't seem to be a -1 node in the sl_listen on the origin or
the subscriber.

I've removed the second set that was still visible on the subscriber
from the sl_set table, however I'm still getting an event in the log
where it tries to "copy_set 2" and comes back with the error "set 2
not found in runtime configuration".

Any idea on how I remove / stop this?

> > I've had this happen before. Removing the cluster and setting it
> up
> > again resolves the problem, however once we are in a production
> > environment I can't go dropping the whole cluster and replicating
> all
> > the tables from scratch when it happens.
>
> Can you give us an exact step-by-step on how to make it happen?

I tried to subscribe a new set with a new table in it and for some
reason it failed with the error mentioned. The slony logs show that
slony was periodically trying to subscribe on the subscriber.

Seeing as I couldn't remove it from pgAdmin, I went in and ran a
slonik script to drop the set, however I didn't try to unsubscribe it
with slonik first. So is there a chance it's come about from me not
unsubscribing first?

What's the law on mixing the use of pgAdmin and slonik to administer
slony?

Thanks
Glyn

Support the World Aids Awareness campaign this month with Yahoo! For Good http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/forgood/