Re: How to remove old pg RPMs?

From: "Josh Trutwin" <josh(at)trutwins(dot)homeip(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How to remove old pg RPMs?
Date: 2003-02-17 16:50:24
Lists: pgsql-novice
> I'm not very well versed in Linux command line.  How do I remove Pg
> 7.2.2 that I installed via RH 8 RPMs so that I can install Pg 7.3.2?  I
> tried installing using rpm -Uvh, believing I could just update.
> However, I got all sorts of error messages.  I figured I would try
> uninstalling the old version first.

try:

rpm -qa | grep -i postgres

This will list all the postgres RPM's installed on your system.

Then to uninstall:

rpm -e whatever.rpm

(replacing whatever.rpm with the files from the previous cmd, you can list
multiple RPM files)

I usually install from source, so I'm not sure if anything on your system
depends on Postgres being installed...

Josh