[Fwd: 97BA-B931-B61D : CONSULT from pgsql-hackers-oo (post) (fwd)]

From: Chris Bitmead <chrisb(at)nimrod(dot)itg(dot)telstra(dot)com(dot)au>
To: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: [Fwd: 97BA-B931-B61D : CONSULT from pgsql-hackers-oo (post) (fwd)]
Date: 2000-05-25 00:00:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

It seems like backward thinking to me. If you have to use UNDER with OF,
that means you're defining a type which includes the attributes of the
UNDER class as well as that of the OF class, and adding your own
attributes too. A brain dead form of multiple inheritance? I don't know
what they were thinking here.

Stephan Szabo wrote:

> I'd say so, yes. The OF <user-defined type> doesn't appear to be
optional
> in
> that part of the rule.
>
> > Do people interpret this syntax to mean that you can only have an
UNDER