Re: Proper database shutdown procedure

From: Mark Versaggi <Mark(at)versaggi(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Proper database shutdown procedure
Date: 2000-05-20 13:46:06
Lists: pgsql-novice

Jules....

To shutdown postgres.....kill the process. There are instructions in the

docs, but i'd need to know which version of postgres your running.

I'm a novice as far as things go, having had a lot of trouble on my
FBSD box...but it works great and is very easy to use once it's up and
running.

P.S. If anyone would like a postgress msg board started up, let me
know
and I'll install one today . You may have to hit it from an IP address,
depending on where I can place it...(not sure if i've got a domain to
put it on this week)
but it's a working forum none the less...This way we could keep threads
of discussions
and such.

Let me know if there is interest in this....Everyone can feel free to
email me on this topic.

Have a great saturday.....i'll be here working on the computer and
helping my oldest daughter build a mission out of sugar cubes all

Mark