Re: Solved: was Re: v7.0 bug report: problems on Linux/Alpha

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Nic Bellamy <nic(at)bellamy(dot)co(dot)nz>
Cc: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Solved: was Re: v7.0 bug report: problems on Linux/Alpha
Date: 2000-05-18 15:26:07
Lists: pgsql-ports

> There were a couple of rejected sections in the patch, but they were
> easily applied by hand. If wanted, I can chuck a copy of the diff vs. 7.0
> on an ftp site, or post it to this list.

Ryan has graduated college (in top of class, btw) and and claims to
have lots of free time coming up to work on Alpha patches. Y'all may
want to coordinate on generating and testing some patches for 7.0. But
a good starting point would be to post some patches from your tree.

Tom Lane is planning a fmgr rewrite that will (hopefully) make these
patches obsolete and unnecessary, but that won't be available until
the next full release in a few months. So solid patches will be a
benefit in the meantime.

Regards.

- Thomas

South Pasadena, California