Re: pgbash-2.1 released

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: SAKAIDA Masaaki <sakaida(at)psn(dot)co(dot)jp>, Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgbash-2.1 released
Date: 2000-05-18 05:10:27
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
> > >   Please let me report that pgbash-2.1 was released.
> > >  (Pgbash is a tool which can execute SQL directly with using all
> > >   the functions of a bash shell.  And Pgbash has functionality
> > >   which is similar to psql.)
> > > * Download Page
> > >   http://www.psn.co.jp/PostgreSQL/pgbash/download-e.html
> > Hello Masaaki. Could we consider packaging pgbash into our postgres
> > RPMs for Linux? That would make it available on a *lot* more
> > installations, and would be a very nice addition to the RPMs.
>   Yes, please :-).  I'm glad you like it.

Lamar, how about it? Packaging it completely separately (as, say,
pgbash-2.1-1.i386.rpm) seems to make it hard to match up with other
postgres-related RPMs. Does postgresql-pgbash-xxx work, or should we
keep it separate? The version number is a problem if we merge it
directly into the postgresql rpm set.

                      - Thomas

--
Thomas Lockhart				lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu
South Pasadena, California