Re: v7.0 bug report: problems on Linux/Alpha

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Nic Bellamy <nic(at)bellamy(dot)co(dot)nz>
Cc: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: v7.0 bug report: problems on Linux/Alpha
Date: 2000-05-17 13:36:26
Lists: pgsql-ports
>         there appears to be some problems with 64-bit-cleaness of
> v7.0. I've got it the identical operations working fine on both Linux/x86
> and OpenBSD/x86, but it dies on my Alpha box.
> I have no idea where to start with tracking this down, or I'd be off
> quietly bugfinding :-)

There are patches available to get Postgres working on Alpha boxes. We
hope to have some parts of Postgres rewritten in the next version
which should make patching unnecessary, but at the moment patching was
the easiest and cleanest way to get Alpha support.

See the hackers list archives for the patches, or post a message to
the hackers list asking about them. Ryan Kirkpatrick (sp?) has been
working on the patches, so the patches might be posted under his name.

Good luck.

                       - Thomas

--
Thomas Lockhart				lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu
South Pasadena, California