Re: Bug #525: createlang for plperl fails on Tru64 version 4.0F (v 7.1.3)

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: beermb(at)chp(dot)edu, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bug #525: createlang for plperl fails on Tru64 version 4.0F (v 7.1.3)
Date: 2001-11-29 23:32:59
Lists: pgsql-bugs
pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org writes:
> We had plperl operating fine on our Compaq Tru64 4.0F system, when it
> was running PostgreSQL version 7.0.2. However, when we installed
> version 7.1.3, despite the fact that we had used the --with-perl flag
> when configuring, we cannot get plperl running with 7.1.3. When we try
> to run "createlang plperl dbname", we get the error "Load of file
> $PGHOME/lib/plperl.so failed: dlopen: cannot load
> $PGHOME/lib/plperl.so" even though the file it is looking for exists
> in the proper location and has the necessary permissions.

plperl.so depends on libperl.so; I'll bet that the problem is with
resolving that dependency, not with plperl itself.  Check dynamic
loader search paths and so forth to see whether libperl can be found.
ldd or local equivalent might be helpful too, to examine how the
dependency is represented in plperl.so.