Re: Cannot update PGSQL databes via ODBC

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Steve Holmes <sholmes(at)primenet(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Cannot update PGSQL databes via ODBC
Date: 2000-05-11 05:51:59
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
> I think others have experienced a similar problem but I never could
> find any solutions.  I posted a message or two recently to this list
> but got no responses.  Is there anywhere I can turn for help if this
> list can't do it?

I don't use those products, but at least some of these kinds of
problems seem to be related to M$ and other vendors requiring a
"primary key" or at least an index on any table considered writable.
Not sure why.

> I really need to figure out something or I will have to set up
> microsoft access database and I really don't want to have to go there
> if I can help it.:)

You'll be back ;)

                     - Thomas

--
Thomas Lockhart				lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu
South Pasadena, California