Re: use of OID.Unknown

From: <Nicolaus(dot)Bauman(at)wellsfargo(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: use of OID.Unknown
Date: 2005-11-08 18:46:52
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

[SNIP]

> As you note this does generate some issues, especially with
> pg types that don't have a Java equivalent, for example inet.

I've wondered about this and the fact that Java does have an InetAddress type that should convert nicely into pg inet. Has there been any discussion about whether a setInetAddress might exist in the implementation at some point, even if we have to downcast out of the specification / interface to get it?

Cheers,

Nicolaus Bauman
Developer: TIR - SPS
* 612.667.2170
* 612.232.7120
This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on this message or any information herein. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you for your cooperation.

pgsql-jdbc by date