Re: psql & java

From: Joe Shevland <shevlandj(at)kpi(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Guillaume Rousse <Guillaume(dot)Rousse(at)univ-reunion(dot)fr>
Cc: Peter Mount <peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk>, Frank Bax <fbax(at)execulink(dot)com>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: psql & java
Date: 2000-04-19 01:11:18
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-interfaces pgsql-sql

The only thing I'd add to all of this is that applets can do your
client-side processing for you if you like... your applet needs
to open a URLConnection to a servlet on the webserver, and this
way you can communicate via SSL, plain ol' TCP/IP, object input/output
streams etc. But effectively the servlet you can think of like
a CGI application running on the server. JDBC can also take place
from the applet to the server, but there's issues between how IE's
VM and Netscape's VM instantiate JDBC driver's (IE does not, as
per usual, follow the standard).

Regards,
Joe

--
Joe Shevland
Principal Consultant

"I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol that some thinkle peep I am.
It's just the drunker I sit here the longer I get."