lo_import problems

From: Igor Gavriloff <igor(at)nupes(dot)cefetpr(dot)br>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: lo_import problems
Date: 2000-04-18 22:33:40
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Hi,

    I'm trying to write an script in Perl5 that do an lo_import, but
using the one that the perl interface offers returns an oid equal to
zero:

$conn = Pg::connectdb("dbname=test");
$lobjId = $conn->lo_import($file);

    Where $file is the file to be imported into the database. If I try to do as in Chapter 45:

INSERT INTO image (name, raster) VALUES ('beautiful image', lo_import('/etc/motd'));

    I get the following error:

ERROR:  You must have Postgres superuser privilege to use server-side lo_import().
        Anyone can use the client-side lo_import() provided by libpq.

    And, indeed, this only works when logged on as superuser on the database, but not with the others.

Thanks in advance.

--
Is your job running?  You'd better go catch it!

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: Joe ShevlandDate: 2000-04-19 01:11:18