Re: [CORE] Release schedule?

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>, pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org, webmaster(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [CORE] Release schedule?
Date: 2000-04-18 04:13:04
Lists: pgsql-docs
> > Okay, I'm blind, but I thought that we were doing a 6.5 vs 7.0 docs tree
> > also ::(  but I can't find it anywhere ...
> It's in the user's lounge.  I haven't put it online yet.  I've been
> working on the bugtool which is about ready.  Besides, they're not
> due till 7.0release (*ducking*).    Take a look at:
> www.postgresql.org/users-lounge/6.5/docs
> I think.  For 7.0 replace the 6.5 with 7.0...

Right; sorry about getting the path wrong.

I just put in a man.tar.gz for 7.0, and I've got the tutorial.ps.gz
ready to go (but forgot to take it off my laptop; should remember to
do it tomorrow).

I'm going to assume that the docs are more-or-less frozen after I
leave for vacation tomorrow, and I'll work a bit on them while I'm
away. afaik they will be about ready to go on May 1. The html versions
are very quick to do, and if people have real corrections to make they
may as well continue to make them. I'll see them in the cvs tree and
can backpatch to the printed docs if it isn't too ugly.

I'll do the admin doc and the INSTALL page last, after I return. I'm
planning on adding a "Things to know" section to the release notes, to
help those upgrading from a previous version. Bruce, are you still
planning on making big changes to the release notes (I recall mail
saying you were going to do so last weekend??) or are they pretty good
already?

                       - Thomas

btw, are we sticking with the ".tar.gz" format for the html docs in
our release tarball? I think we should at least until we are done with
the 7.0.x releases, since changing it does require someone to take
ownership of the "make install" issue.

--
Thomas Lockhart				lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu
South Pasadena, California