Array question

From: Vassili A Akimov <vassili(at)erols(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Array question
Date: 2000-04-13 17:37:50
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi all!
I, probably, have really simple question, but I can't go further. I
have two tables: one is empty like
+----------------------------------+----------------------------------+-------+
| Field | Type |
Length|
+----------------------------------+----------------------------------+-------+
| home phone number | int4[]
| var |

and another one full like

+----------------------------------+----------------------------------+-------+
| Field | Type |
Length|
+----------------------------------+----------------------------------+-------+
| first | int4
| 4|
| second | int4
| 4|
| third | int4
| 4|

I need to put all elements from second table into a first one. So each
string in
second table becomes a string in a first one, so firts colun becomes a
first
array element in first table second is second and so on. I tried several
queries
in order to do this, but failed. Can anyone help?
Thank you.