Array question

From: Vassili A Akimov <vassili(at)erols(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Array question
Date: 2000-04-13 17:37:50
Lists: pgsql-sql
Hi all!
	I, probably, have really simple question, but I can't go further. I
have two tables: one is empty like
+----------------------------------+----------------------------------+-------+
|              Field               |              Type                |
Length|
+----------------------------------+----------------------------------+-------+
| home phone number                | int4[]
|   var |

and another one full like

+----------------------------------+----------------------------------+-------+
|              Field               |              Type                |
Length|
+----------------------------------+----------------------------------+-------+
| first                            |  int4
|      4|
| second                           |  int4
|      4|
| third                            |  int4
|      4|

I need to put all elements from second table into a first one. So each
string in
second table becomes a string in a first one, so firts colun becomes a
first
array element in first table second is second and so on. I tried several
queries
in order to do this, but failed. Can anyone help?
	Thank you.

pgsql-sql by date

Next:From: Philippe LefèvreDate: 2000-04-13 20:27:26