Re: the Chinese version docs

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: the Chinese version docs
Date: 2000-04-13 05:38:27
Lists: pgsql-docs
> I only have the docs there, I'll take care of the faq's and stuff later
> when I have slightly better connectivity.  There will be alot more in
> that section. The index page needs to be changed and I need to put it into
> cvs.
> Now where are the 6.5 docs you mentioned above??

They are in CVS, and I'll copy them in. What I think I'd like to do is
provide docs for (up to) several recent versions of Postgres; would it
be possible to put move the docs stuff in the "users-lounge" down one
level (to, for example, docs/v6.5/postgres/) and then softlink that
set up to docs/ to get the current release docs in the most accessible
place on the web page (just as is done now)?

> > For the nightly builds, I'd like to post the cron log file on the web
> > site too, so people can see the results of markup changes they make.
> > And I'd like to start posting a tarball of the latest sgml sources so
> > that people can contribute to docs without having to get the entire
> > development tree.
>
> That will be in what's soon to be called the 'developer's corner'.  The
> map, devlp info, current docs and a buncha other stuff will be there.
> It's also where the current ports status will be.

Great, then the current nightly build stuff can go there, pretty much
like it does now.

                     - Thomas

--
Thomas Lockhart				lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu
South Pasadena, California