PostgreSQL 7.0beta5-0.1 RPM set available.

From: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL 7.0beta5-0.1 RPM set available.
Date: 2000-04-10 16:10:53
Lists: pgsql-ports

***********NOTICE*************
UPGRADING TO 7.0BETA5 FROM ANY OTHER 7.0BETA _REQUIRES_ AN INITDB OR
PG_UPGRADE!!!!!!
***********NOTICE*************

ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/bindist/RPM/beta

Please install on a development machine on which you have taken a
backup, as this is a beta release. After installation, please read
/usr/doc/postgresql-7.0beta5/README.rpm, or read it online at
ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/bindist/RPM/beta/README.rpm.postgresql-7.0beta5

There are known typographical errors in the README (in particular, I say
'/usr/docs' a couple of times where '/usr/doc' is meant).

To enable syslog functionality, edit PGDATA/postmaster.opts to remove
'-S', then edit the syslog configuration file to catch facility as
documented in the pg_options document. A HOWTO-style addendum to the
README.rpm is being prepared to address this.

Please let me know of problems you find.

--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio