Re: 7.0 release notes should call out incompatible changesmore clearly

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: 7.0 release notes should call out incompatible changesmore clearly
Date: 2000-04-02 21:54:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> These are all pretty obscure.  How do I make them prominent without
> really scaring people who don't even know what they are?

These are not obscure if you are using the feature, and we should have
a section (just after the description of new features) which discuss
porting/upgrade issues. I was planning on putting it in; it will need
to contain info on "datetime/timespan" vs "timestamp/interval" also
(probably the least "obscure" upgrade issue in the new release).

                      - Thomas

--
Thomas Lockhart				lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu
South Pasadena, California