Re: Docs refreshed

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: Postgres Hackers List <hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Docs refreshed
Date: 2000-03-31 14:50:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> Something to think about maybe.

Yeah, I've thought about it, and it is not at all clear. I understand
all of your points, but for the hardcopy versions of docs having a
single 600 page doc seems more unwieldy than having several 200 page
docs (yes, they *are* that big!!).

Just as you, I assume that people using html read the integrated doc.

btw, it is possible to mark up the docs so that you can, say, include
cross references if it is html but include only citation references if
it is hardcopy. So if we moved to having only the integrated doc in
html, and only the smaller docs in hardcopy, then we could put more
"clickable cross references" into the html.

                       - Thomas

--
Thomas Lockhart				lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu
South Pasadena, California