Re: [GENERAL] 50 MB Table

From: JB <jimbag(at)kw(dot)igs(dot)net>
To: Paul Condon <pecondon(at)quiknet(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] 50 MB Table
Date: 2000-03-07 21:47:49
Lists: pgsql-general

I've been shuffling thru the 'LIKE' code in pg, but whilst perusing, it
occurred to me that I could use a function for this thing. Since i'm
only looking at the first part of the string I use...

SELECT * FROM info WHERE substring(street_name from 1 to 4) = 'MAIN'

...and the query completes in under 2 secs. Stupidly obvious now but I
thought I would share this blinding insight with the list ;)

Thanks again for all your help.

cheers
jb

--
If everything is coming your way then you're in the wrong lane.