A question on triggers

From: Constantin Teodorescu <teo(at)flex(dot)ro>
To: PostgreSQL Interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: A question on triggers
Date: 2000-02-16 13:58:46
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
I have two tables "inputs" and "outputs" and they hold items and
quantities that are coming and going from a warehouse.

I have defined also another table "stock" that will hold the inventory
of that warehouse.

I have defined triggers on INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE on "inputs" and
"outputs" tables that update acordingly the "stock" table!

What's my problem?

Is there any chance to restrict the direct updates of any user to the
"stock" table?
So that the information in the "stock" table should be updated ONLY by
those triggers?

Thanks in advance,

Constantin Teodorescu
FLEX Consulting Braila, ROMANIA

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: anmueDate: 2000-02-16 14:50:38