Functions vs. Columns?????

From: Byron Nikolaidis <byron(dot)nikolaidis(at)home(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Functions vs. Columns?????
Date: 2000-02-16 02:00:52
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I have a question as to how postgres handles some built-in functions,
for example:

Works                        Doesn't Work
select now();                select now;
select current_date;         select current_date();

It seems that there should be some consistency here in the use of
parenthesis.  I don't really know how these things are handled on the
backend, but it seems that parenthesis are the more correct way, or at
least both should be allowed.

Any thoughts?

pgsql-interfaces by date