Functions vs. Columns?????

From: Byron Nikolaidis <byron(dot)nikolaidis(at)home(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Functions vs. Columns?????
Date: 2000-02-16 02:00:52
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Hi,

I have a question as to how postgres handles some built-in functions,
for example:

Works                        Doesn't Work
select now();                select now;
select current_date;         select current_date();

It seems that there should be some consistency here in the use of
parenthesis.  I don't really know how these things are handled on the
backend, but it seems that parenthesis are the more correct way, or at
least both should be allowed.

Any thoughts?

Byron

pgsql-interfaces by date