Postgres 6.5.3

From: root <nash(at)isdnet(dot)org>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgres 6.5.3
Date: 2000-02-10 21:21:15
Lists: pgsql-ports
I am trying to install postgres but I am having to hardwire everything.
I type echo $PATH
and /usr/local/pgsql/bin is there.
I type echo $PGDATA
and /usr/local/pgsql/data is there
I type echo $PGLIB
and /usr/local/pgsql/lib comes up.

I  can't run the postgres programs from anywhere but the bin directory
so it is not using the path.  and in all of the scripts I had to add the
path to all of the commands.  I can't run the programs without the
direct switches.  I have to type --pgdata= and --pglib= so the variables
aren't being read.  I can't add users because it can't find the pg_user
table.  I ran initdb after hardwiring the command paths and it ran
without problem and all the files seem to be there.  Postmaster started
without complaint with the -D switch.

I am using RedHat 6.1.  Do you have any idea why the variable statements
aren't working right?

pgsql-ports by date

Next:From: lylyeohDate: 2000-02-11 09:19:03