Re: [INTERFACES] Bug in parser?

From: Richard <blackw(at)sfu(dot)ca>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Bug in parser?
Date: 2000-02-07 20:13:52
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

"Ross J. Reedstrom" wrote:
Ah, this means you can't reproduce it either? I was hoping you might
> be able to get a reproducible case, so we could get this bug stomped for
> 7.0 beta. Any chance the query was coming from a file that might have been
> edited from a Win32 mount/share? I think that's what triggered it for us.
>
> Ross

Quite likely; over the past month or so I have shuffled code between NT
and Linux, usually via samba and FTP, and have had my Linux home
directory mounted as a drive on my NT box. It is possible that one or
more transfers took place without the proper translation enabled, or I
edited a file across a mount. I'll have to play with this to see if I
can reproduce the problem.

Another lister has written to me directly and has had the same thing
happen. He edited part of his code using Windows, and part using Linux
and found CRLF characters embedded in his files. Replacing the CRLF
cleared up the problem for him. (If he wants to jump into this thread
to provide more details, I'm sure he will, but it is my policy not to
public mention names of people who e-mail me privately).

Cheers,
Richard