After some difficulty, I have successfully installed PostgreSQL 6.5.3 on
an SGI Onyx2 InfiniteReality running Irix 6.4 and using the Mips 7.2 C
The BUILD procedure I received from Robert Bruccoleri did not work for
me, but the Makefile.custom seemed to do the trick.
I basically followed the Admin Guide Ch. 5 Installation procedure, with
the following extra steps performed manually to eliminate various
1. Installed gmake and flex to replace Irix make and lex.
2. Before running ./configure in step 11, created Makefile.custom to
CUSTOM_CC = cc -32
LD += -32
MK_NO_LORDER = 1
I then ran ./configure [with no options specified]
3. After running ./configure in step 11, I had to manually edit a few of
the generated configuration flags:
- in Makefile.global, commented out #HAVE_Cplusplus = true
- in include/config.h changed 2 #undef comments to be
#define HAVE_STRINGIZE 1
#define STDC_HEADERS 1
The system then compiled and installed successfully.
The regression test was also successful (a few failed, but a closer look
at the .diffs indicated minor roundoff diffs).
Robert E. Balfour, Ph.D.
Exec. V.P. & CTO
BALFOUR Technologies LLC
1055 Stewart Ave., Bethpage NY 11714
pgsql-ports by date
|Next:||From: Don||Date: 2000-02-06 01:39:27|
|Subject: redhat 6.0 6.1|
|Previous:||From: Jens Skakkebaek||Date: 2000-02-06 00:06:52|
|Subject: Syntax error in initdb on NT|