Re: [HACKERS] Re: Case-folding bogosity in new psql

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Re: Case-folding bogosity in new psql
Date: 2000-02-01 02:37:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> I totally see what you're saying and I'm going to try
> to address it. But there was noone who said anything
> about this so far.

OK, an overdue comment: the new psql is great (current and future
discrepencies excepted of course ;)

Thanks for sticking with it Peter; we've already got a good
foundation, and as we stumble across these minor differences in
behavior it will get even closer to an ideal interface.

My current favorite feature: command history across psql sessions.
When testing I can jump in and out of psql after rebuilding the
backend and can just uparrow to my last test command. Nice. And for
this case, I won't complain about a lack of backward compatibility :))

                  - Thomas

--
Thomas Lockhart				lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu
South Pasadena, California