Someone can help please? SELECT problems

From: moreno <moreno(at)pixelcartoon(dot)it>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, pgsql-sql(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Someone can help please? SELECT problems
Date: 2000-01-27 18:20:33
Lists: pgsql-sql
I have to find all records conaining a word inside a text field, with
the SELECT statement.
I use SELECT with LIKE operator, but I find all the fields that contain
the word AND part of it, for example, if I search "data", I find also
the records that contain "database". I could I do a SELECT ONLY containg
the EXACT word?
I use Perl 5 on linux mandrake 6.0 and the last postgres version, and
would like to use the SELECT statement in a CGI-BIN to generate a HTML
page (all this is already working, only the SELCT part doesn't...)
thank you
Valerio Oss

pgsql-sql by date