Re: Fwd: Re: [INTERFACES] psql ERROR : Character Types Tuple is too big: size xxxxx

From: Joseph Shraibman <jks(at)p1(dot)selectacast(dot)net>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: [INTERFACES] psql ERROR : Character Types Tuple is too big: size xxxxx
Date: 2000-01-27 03:21:57
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Tom Lane wrote:

> Compte utilisateur Sultan-advl <webmaster(at)advl(dot)org> writes:
> > [ tuple definition is bigger than 8K ]
> > BUT why psql does not raise an error in 'create table' ?
> > Maybe documentation needs more informations on this ? (In Data types)
>
> Well, actually, we are more interested in getting rid of the limitation
> than in adding more code that depends on it... there may even be a fix
> in 7.0...
>
> regards, tom lane

Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us> at Technische
Universitaet Muenchen, Germany

Can I ask how our big open items for 7.0 are doing:

Long tuples/TOAST(Jan)
Foriegn keys/action buffer(Jan)
Unify date/time types(Thomas)
Outer Joins(Thomas)

I am only asking to know if we should continue with the planned Feb 1
beta?

The problem is that none of the followups mentioned long tuples, so that
might have slipped through the cracks.