Repost: restore from dump problem - query buffer full

From: Web Manager <web(at)inter-resa(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Repost: restore from dump problem - query buffer full
Date: 2000-01-22 18:28:10
Lists: pgsql-sql

(nobody could help me a week ago... any new volunteers?)

Hello,

I am not an expert with Postgres (version 6.4.2) but I never had a
problem with using pg_dump on a remote server and rebuilding a local
database before...

I have this new database working well under the same postgres version
(server side).

I make a dump:
pg_dump -d -o -z -f dump_db_name db_name

I then copy the file on my computer. I make:
createdb db_name
psql -f dump_db_name db_name

2 things:

I tried without the -o but I got many error on some tables like:

INSERT INTO "typehotel" values (0,'camping','camping site');
query buffer max length of 20000 exceeded
query line ignored

this db uses sequence for the first time. I read that the dump file
needed -o

So I did that...

the same restore command made:

box:~/data/base>$ psql -f dump_db_name db_name
CREATE TABLE pgdump_oid (dummy int4);
CREATE
COPY pgdump_oid WITH OIDS FROM stdin;
Enter info followed by a newline
End with a backslash and a period on a line by itself.

Since I don't know what this is... I put "\."
the file is read...
The result was the same as with no -o

The only difference I see between this new db and the other ones is the
sequence and some text field (quite big).

Any ideas?
Thank's!
--
Marc Andre Paquin