Re: 'CVS-Unknown' buildfarm failures?

From: "Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 'CVS-Unknown' buildfarm failures?
Date: 2006-06-02 11:18:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Dave Page said:

>> I have
>> repeatedly
>> advised buildfarm member owners not to build by hand in the
>> buildfarm repos.
>>  Not everybody listens, apparently.
>
> The owner of snake can guarantee that that is not the case - that box
> is not used for *anything* other than the buildfarm and hasn't even
> been logged into for weeks, if not months.
>
> The failures come and go, so I have to suspect something other than
> operator error.

That's why I said "almost always" :-)

I strongly suspect that snake is hitting the "file/directory doesn't
disappear immediately when you unlink/rmdir" problem on Windows that we have
had to code around inside Postgres. It looks like cvs is trying to prune an
empty directory but isn't fast enough.

I assume that snake just uses the Msys DTK's cvs? If so, I think we'll just
have to live with this - it's not very frequent - snake's last occurrence on
HEAD was 62 days ago.

cheers

andrew